Monday, June 29, 2009

Get To Know About Chicken Coop


A chicken coop is nothing but a structure in which live chickens are maintained in the backyard chicken farm. It is also called as a chicken shack or chicken house by few chicken breeders.

Chicken Coop Materials

Most of the chicken breeders build their own chicken coop using wood, straw, and chicken wire. These materials can easily be available at your local lumber / hardware store. When I built my first chicken coop with my children, I used a few wood pieces and tiny frame of chicken wire at the top.

Actually we built this simple chicken coop for two new day old chicks we got from the nearby farm. I redesigned my chicken coop as our flock grew after reading a simple e-book on "How to build your own chicken coop?"

I inquired the near-by store for buying a ready-made chicken coop. The cost of each chicken coop ranging from $200 to $500 dollars range.

I refused to procure those overrated chicken coops from the store and constructed a coop with raised platform. I succeeded and for the past few days, I am raising pet chickens effortlessly. By this process of building my own chicken house, I saved nearly 250 dollars, which is a big money during this economic crisis period.



Happy Cooping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment